Copy content from your school account to another account
If you're using a Google Account through your school, you can copy and transfer your files to another Google Account.
What you can copy
You can copy and transfer these kinds of files from your school account to another Google Account:
The original files stay in your school account. Any changes you make to the copied files don't affect the originals.
Prepare your files
To copy content that other people have shared with you, add those files to My Drive.
Start the copy process
- On your school account, go to Transfer your content.
- Enter the email address of the Google Account where you want to copy your content.
- Select Get code.
- On your Google Account, check your Gmail inbox for a confirmation email from Google. In the email, select Get confirmation code. A new tab will open with a code.
- On your school account, go back to the "Transfer your content" page. Enter the code, then choose Verify.
- Choose the content you'd like to copy, then select Start transfer.
Details about the copy process
- The copy process usually happens within a few hours, but it can take up to a week.
- Copied files might appear in batches on your Google Account during the copy process.
- When your files are finished copying, you'll get an email at your Gmail address.
For further details, please see Google's article: Copy content from your school account to another account