Factory resetting your Chromebook
Reset your Chromebook to factory defaults
Resetting your Chromebook to factory defaults will remove all accounts, temporary files and anything in your Downloads folder.
Please note: To de-provision your device, you will need to let us know prior. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to remove your device from McKinnon management.
- Turn off the device and remove from AC power.
- While the device is still off, hold Esc + Refresh + Power.
- Continue holding Esc + Refresh but let go of Power. After a few seconds, the screen will display a yellow exclamation point (!).
4. Press Ctrl + D to begin dev mode, then Enter. The screen displays a red exclamation point.
5. Press Spacebar, then Enter. The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state. The deletion can take up to approximately 15 minutes.
6. Your device will restart once the transition is complete.